From the Local Economy Solution: By Michael Shuman
A “pollinator” is a self-financing enterprise committed to boosting local business. Some pollinators are for-profit businesses, some are nonprofits, but all allow a community to undertake one or more of five key economic development functions — planning, purchasing, people, partnerships and purse — with far greater efficacy and at a substantially lower cost than typical, taxpayer-funded programs. All of the following models deploy business frameworks that ultimately aim to avoid dependency on government grants or charitable contributions: 28 Models of Pollinator Enterprises
What Pollinator Enterprises are active (or in the works) in the Monadnock Region? Please share your knowledge in the comments section below.
Here’s what we’ve gathered so far:
- Hannah Grimes Marketplace
- Monadnock Buy Local Debit/Loyalty/Gift Card (in the research stage)
- Monadnock Table Magazine
- Hannah Grimes Center for Entrepreneurship
- Make It So Makerspace
- Monadnock Art x Tech Makerspace
- New England Web & Tech Collective (NEWT)
- Regional Center for Advanced Manufacturing
- YEA! Young Entrepreneurs Academy
- Arts Alive!
- Greater Keene Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce
- Jaffrey Chamber of Commerce
- Rindge Chamber of Commerce
- Hannah Grimes Center
- Keene Downtown Group
- Monadnock Buy Local
- Team Jaffrey
One thought on “Pollinator Enterprises: Growing Jobs and Prosperity”
Reblogged this on Monadnock Buy Local.