The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts is excited to present the Local Sustainable Economies Conference at Northeastern University in Boston, MA from June 7 until June 9, 2017.
The conference is intended for small and local business leaders as well as advocates who are committed to building a local, green and fair economy. The conference will focus on action as it guides participants through engaging material that results in real, attainable ideas and solutions to issues facing our environment and our local economy.
Through networking, participants will build strong connections with other leaders who are as committed as they are to building sustainable businesses and organizations that ensure the long term success of both small business and our planet. Together we can amplify our impacts in building a vibrant local economy.
The conference will examine the seven pillars of a sustainable economy:
- Local – Catalyze the Local First movement
- Green – Discover & deliver solutions that stop climate change
- Fair – Create an equitable economic system that benefits all communities
- Food – Transform our local food systems
- Community Capital – Move capital to local entrepreneurs & unleash the power of small & mid-size business
- Entrepreneurship – Ignite your ‘entrepreneurial spirit’ & invigorate the new economy
- Public Policy – Organize business & community leaders to strengthen our democracy & advocate for positive local & sustainable policies